Neokalus Burr, a notorious serial killer, is caught in a violent and deadly home invasion. Shot nearly to death by the police, he is locked away in a state hospital for the mentally ill. Tonight, after 8 mute years staring at a wall, he escapes from his cell on a campaign of destruction and terror. It is almost as if he is possessed by a demon, You are that demon. Rip through the halls of the sanitarium committing shocking acts of violence. No one will be safe. You will kill them all in “SANITARIUM MASSACRE”!
Scheduled for release sometime next year, Pig Farmer Productions “Sanitarium Massacre” was originally conceived as an unlicensed Halloween game. However, the game’s producers feared potential legal action from the license holders of the Halloween franchise. So, they retooled the Michael Myers graphics, nixed the John Carpenter music and “Sanitarium Massacre” was born. The game will be released in special edition retro packaging mimicking the look of an old school VHS tape box.
“Sanitarium Massacre” will feature:
- Swappable masks and costumes
- Old school Resident Evil/Silent Hill style camera angles
- Realistic decapitations and gore featuring unique deaths for each weapon
- VHS box style menus with stats and rankings
- Two video modes: VHS and DVD – DVD will be crisp and clear while flipping to VHS mode the game will look like a dirty old tape with scan lines and everything
I personally am really looking forward to this game. It has all that 1980’s, low budget slasher movie charm with classic Playstation (PSX) style graphics and I really appreciate all of the little retro touches thrown in, especially the the VHS mode.
Keep an eye on Pig Farmer Games for “Sanitarium Massacre” release date and purchasing info.